- Zoning - Does the existing zoning provide the framework for the community's desired outcome looking 20 years into the future?
- Design Guidelines - What guidelines does the community want to provide to help shape development and provide a desirable pedestrian environment along 35th Ave NE as growth occurs in the future?
- Transportation - What are critical transportation features and needs to support the community's desired outcome for 35th Ave NE looking 20 years into the future?
With this in mind, the committee established boundaries for the 35th Ave NE corridor planning. It's important to note that just because there is a boundary doesn't mean that anything or everything within that boundary is going to change. It simply defines the geographic extent to which the community and 35th Ave NE Steering Committee will be addressing the above planning elements, or at least the zoning and design guidelines elements.
So, what went into defining the boundary? Great question. There were numerous factors that went into defining the extent of the 35th Ave NE planning boundary. The 2 primary factors though were:
- Existing land use and zoning (e.g., location of existing commercial "nodes" and multi-family housing)
- Proving sufficient width to consider how the existing and potential development along 35th transitioned to the single-family neighborhoods.
View 35th Ave NE Neighborhood Plan in a larger map